Thursday, August 24, 2006

Craigslist employment ad, how to write

Miracle Worker Wanted - Part Time (palo alto)
Reply to: job-198067645@craigslist.orgDate: 2006-08-23, 6:59PM PDT

Have you ever tried to build an elaborate sand castle – using dry sand?

If that challenge appeals to you, then you might be interested in working for me.

I am an estate planning, trusts, and probate attorney. I am a solo practitioner, and I define the word “disorganization”.

Let me be clear: I am not looking for a coach; I’m looking for someone who is obsessively organized (perhaps even “anal” about it) and who combines the cheery professionalism of Mary Poppins with the obstinacy of a Marine Drill Sergeant!

I have made futile attempts to develop, implement, and follow systems in my office so that things don’t fall through the cracks. Well, to be blunt, my crack’s cracks have cracks. … I enter “to do’s” in my PDA and promptly lose my PDA (I’ve never met a system that I haven’t been able to foil).

As they say in “Mission Impossible”, your job – if you choose to accept it – is to keep my office (mainly me) on track so that I can spend my time meeting with clients and bringing in enough revenue to make sure that I can pay your salary for years to come.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home