Friday, September 22, 2006

Slow news day

Not much happening today, but I did think this exchange at Pakistani President Musharraf's press conference with Bush was pretty funny (as reported by the Associated Press) :

"The intelligence director told me that (Armitage) said, "Be prepared to go back to the Stone Age,'" Musharraf told CBS' "60 Minutes" in a report to air on Sunday.

The president said he first learned of the purported conversation from news reports. "I just don't know about it," he said. "I guess I was taken aback by the harshness of the words."

Musharraf declined to comment further, citing a book deal.

"Buy the book," Bush quipped.

(Every once in awhile, you have to admit, the President cracks a good joke.)

1 Comments:

Blogger John said...

Hey... where's my Hawks commentary this morning?! I expected better of you... slacker!

'Twas sweet to watch that first half. Not too worried about slipping in the second half since the game was in-hand. NY sucks, and now the whole world knows it. And Manning looked pathetic during the first half. He looked like a scared rookie!

11:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home