Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Random Predictions

I'm too lazy to write anything of substance, so here's some random, almost-sure-to-be-wrong predictions to tide over TPV loyalists (all three of you):

1. "Babel" will win Best Picture. Biggest upset? Alejandro Gonzalez Inarritu beats Scorcese for Best Director. Forest Whitaker, Helen Mirren, Eddie Murphy and Jennifer Hudson round out the remaining big five categories.

2. Libby will be convicted of one count of perjury. He will eventually be pardoned.

3. Oakland A's will win the World Series. [I'm essentially picking this at random, by the way.]

4. Hillary will not, repeat not, be the Democratic nominee for President.

5. This year's World Series of Poker will have fewer enterants than 2006, the first decline in 25 years.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Red Sox win the series, prompting talk of a budding new New England dynasty for the East Coast media to slobber over for the next years.

Oakland misses the playoffs, as the hated Texas Rangers beat the Anaheim Angels of Los Angeles by a single game in the standings. They're promptly destroyed by the Cleveland Indians in the first round of the playoffs, point is, I'm calling an upset in the AL West!

10:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

• I hope Gonzalez Inarritu does beat Scorsese for Best Director.

• I would love the A’s to win the World Series.

• Barack Hussein for President.

• There is no way the number of entrants for the WSOP declines.

• You actually have 5 very loyal readers (Mom, Dad, Jim, John and Nicki).

xxxx

11:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

1. Do I have to actually see the movies to have an opinion?

2. Hard to see how Libby could be convicted of perjury but not be convicted of making false statements. I’d go with 3 out of 4 (one perjury) or possibly a clean sweep. But, alas, no doubt a pardon....

3. Florida Marlns will take AL West but the Chicago Bears will come through and take it all....

4. Who says hope doesn’t spring eternal? I wish. But should it happen, or not, pray the Republicans nominate Romney: we can buy those “flip-flop” outfits left over from 2004 and he’s the only person with less experience than Obama.

5. Bet on it.

Score:

I have no clue and you do: 2

Qualified agreement: 2

Unqualified agreement: 1

-- Big Daddy

11:46 AM  
Blogger Ben said...

I'm deducting one point from "Big Daddy for referring to the Chicago Cubs as the Chicago Bears. :)

4:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ben said...
I'm deducting one point from "Big Daddy for referring to the Chicago Cubs as the Chicago Bears. :)

I'm deducting 2 points for Ben's failure to identify self-deprication -- or maybe the Marlins are in the AL West....

-- Big Daddy

(who knows little about sports outside a 20 mi radius and not that much within)

5:07 PM  
Blogger Ben said...

Fair dues, Big Daddy -- the minute after I hit send the Marlins comment hits me. I'm sticking to football from now on.

9:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home