Thursday, June 01, 2006

Haditha: Dad's thoughts

My Dad writes in response to my post on CNN's coverage of Haditha:

I don't know if you have access to "On Demand" but A&E did a special, "Combat Diary, the Marines of Lima Company" that is well worth watching, especially in the context of Haditha. Lima Company was (a) the unit that was replaced by the unit that (allegedly, but we know from the leaking going on what the findings are going to be) killed the people; (b) Lima Company suffered the highest rate of casualties per capita of any unit in Iraq. Seeing the region and what day-to-day was like helps with understanding. I feel for both those who died and for those young men who will have to live with their nightmares.

As I wrote in reply, I have no understanding of what it's really like to go through combat. I do have a friend who fought in Iraq, and is about to go back, and he seems slightly unstable for it. War is a horrible thing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home