Thursday, August 03, 2006

"Somethin' happenin' here..." (The 9/11 Conspiracy Song)

Yesterday, I posted a seemingly innocuous little swipe at the Defense Department for lying to the 9/11 Commission about our response to the airling hijackings on 9/11, based on an article in the Washington Post. My point, which I thought was relatively clear, was that our government is essentially lying to itself when one branch (in this case, Defense) lies to another (the Bush-appointed 9/11 Commission).

But then something strange happened on the way to hit count for this lil' blog -- my daily readership jumped through the roof! Typically, I get about 10 to 15 unique visitors per day -- thanks Dad, Mom, Girlfriend, and Ken the former Bush Administration official (yeah, you read that right, the Bush Administration reads my blog) -- but yesterday, I jumped to more than 100. And today I'm already up to 50, despite this being my first post of the day.

So what gives? Well, I urge you to peruse the anonymous comments left in response to my 9/11 Commission posting. Here's an excerpt:

In European countries there are since some time committees working trying to find out what really happened on 9/11. They assume that the news we all received all over the world, is false. What actually happened still has to be found out, but the airplanes who went into the two towers, did not make the towers to collaps, some reports say. There was much more to it, and it had nothing to do with Al Guaida . . . . The documentary film of Michael Moore gave more information and the commission seemed to agree with it. Michael Moore was apparently not telling lies, but had done a lot of research. Another film made later as a reponse to Moore's film, but made by the Republicans, was a sad, silly story to attack someone who knew the truth better than they did or seemed to know. And the Republicans feared Michael Moore. If Micheal Moore had been wrong it would never have been accepted and he would have to go to court for telling this to the world. I have the dvd here at home and sometimes watch it again and get more and more convinced that Michael Moore spoke the truth. And the 9/11 Commission did agree with him.

First, I'd like to welcome this anonymous commenter and everyone else who's stopped by to read The Parallax View in the last 24 hours. Second, I want to make clear that I think you and anyone else who thinks there was a conspiracy involving the US Government in relation to 9/11 are completely fruit loops. Look, I love a good conspiracy as much as the next guy -- did you know the CIA's ZR/Rifle assassination team may have used French assassins to kill Kennedy in Dallas as ordered by Bay of Pigs Commando William Harvey? -- but when it comes to the events of that fateful September, here's the scoop: Al Guida did it. With some planes. In the NY-DC-PA room.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home