Thursday, May 10, 2007

Rudy in Iowa

Let me state at the outset that I don't like Iowa farmers. In fact, I singlehandedly hold the Iowa caucuses -- and Iowa voters -- responsible for 75% of the political and legislative disasters over the last 50 years. Case in point: they chose John Kerry, thereby handing the Presidency to the current numbskull.

With all that said, for some reason this story about Mayor Guiliani snubbing these poor Iowa farmers who thought they'd been asked to host the "Mayor-on-9/11" really bothered me. Basically, the campaign called these folks, promised them the opportunity to host Guiliani at their home, and then backed out when they found out they weren't rich. (As an aside, I note that most Iowa farmers are rich, due to the absurd federal subsidies funnelled their way -- so perhaps the Mayor's campaign team can't be faulted for their mistake entirely.)

Be interesting to see if the "Mainstream Media" picks this one up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home